Thanks so much for all your supportive comments in response to the reopening of the Baths being delayed once again. We thought that it was appropriate to share some of your thoughts – please do keep them coming via e-mail or using the comments section below. We know full well how passionate you all are about the building and swimming, but feel it’s important that we convey this to others as well. So, here are a selection of your comments:
- This seems to be poor management again. Is it deliberate incompetence? Perhaps officers should be personally liable for the results of ongoing neglect of this important building.
- Perhaps ‘they’ should have the lost revenue from the Baths being closed stopped from their salaries
- Sad to see the reopening date keeps going back (now April/May). It’s as though any excuse (now flaking paint) to delay opening.
- Councillor Kennedy asks does the pool sit as a sport or heritage site – I say it must sit as both. Keep up the pressure on them. This building must not be allowed to close as a pool.
- Labour Councillors want us to believe that lead paint was being used in 2004? They must think we’re mugs!
- Anyone fancy a sweepstake on next excuse for not opening the Moseley Rd baths. My moneys on a blown light bulb in reception.
- Hmm, did they confirm which year? Let’s hope it’s 2012. This family needs to swim.
- Thanks also to Moseley Shoals who sent us an e-mail outlining the impact the closure has had on their swimming club, making it nigh on impossible to swim as a club.
Of course, using this blog is nowhere near as effective as the public contacting the press and Councillors directly – follow this link for details of Councillors. Hall Green Constituency Councillors will be voting on the options in March, so please address e-mails to them. Cllr Tony Kennedy chairs the group and Cllr Martin Mullaney is the current Cabinet Member for Leisure, Sport and Culture.