Fixed term post for 12 months with possible extension
£26,000 per annum pro rata for up to 2.5 days a week initially
Moseley Road Baths Charitable Incorporated Organisation will take over the management of Moseley Road Baths from Birmingham City Council in April 2018 and we are seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to lead the organisation through the transfer of the service and to develop a sustainable business plan for this iconic facility. This post will alternatively be available on a self employed basis to a suitable candidate.
- Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing the operational and business development functions of the service including the recruitment, training and performance management of all staff and volunteers.
- The Business Development Manager will also be responsible for programme development and marketing of the pool, community liaison and the development of a sustainable business plan which maximises income generation whilst maintaining community accessibility in accordance with our charitable objects.
- He/she will oversee operational procedures and emergency action plans to ensure that the highest standards of customer care and service presentation are available to all pool users.
- Applicants should possess a professional qualification in a relevant discipline; experience within the leisure industry is desirable but not essential.
- Business planning skills and a track record of successful income generation in previous positions are key requirements for this position.
- Experience of managing and training volunteers would be an advantage.
To apply, please see the full job description and person specification, then send your CV with a supporting statement describing your relevant skills and experience, along with a completed Equality Monitoring form. Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also wish to look at our introductory webpage and business plan before applying. If you would like to talk to us before making the application, please contact the chair of the CIO, Karen Leach, on 0121 449 8348.
Closing date: 12noon March 1st 2018
Interviews: Week commencing March 12th 2018