Aquatic Assistant (Lifeguard/teacher)
£13,650 for 30 hrs (£17,062.50 pro rata)
Moseley Road Baths Charitable Incorporated Organisation will take over the management of Moseley Road Baths from Birmingham City Council in April 2018 as a community run pool.
We are seeking an aquatic assistant with lifeguard, teaching and preferably pool plant qualifications to work with our Operations Manager on most aspects of operating the pool.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Aquatic Assistant will be responsible for assisting with most aspects of pool operation including lifeguarding, swim teaching, the preparation and control of all facilities, pool plant operation, general cleaning, and customer service.
- Applicants should possess RLSS national pool lifeguard qualification (NPLQ) and Level 1/2 Swimming Teachers qualification.
- First Aid At Work and Pool Plant qualification/experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, and a proactive and independent working attitude are key requirements for this position.
- You will be enthusiastic about the opportunity of working in a heritage community-run pool and experience of working with volunteers would be an advantage.
To apply, please read the full job description and person specification, and then send your CV with a supporting statement describing your relevant skills and experience, along with a completed Equality Monitoring form. Please send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information or to talk to us before making the application, please see our website http://www.friendsofmrb.co.uk/about/mrb-action-group/ or contact the chair of the CIO, Karen Leach, on 0121 449 8348.
Closing date: 12 noon 1st March 2018
Interviews: Week commencing March 12th 2018
We will also be looking for casual lifeguards and swim teachers so please do contact us if you may be interested in this role.